BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

doors and windows in zones/IS in AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an example of one of my my problems.
I place a zone that extends to the outside perimeter of the exterior wall(s), I then place a door in the exterior wall with the door swinging out. The problem is that my door schedule zone name category will not show the zone name that the door is in if it is swinging out (only swinging in). The only way I have been able to make the zone name show up in the zone category in the door schedule (with the door swinging out) is to select the placed door, open door settings, and select "flipped" in the parameters under options/placement method (not the "flip" radio button). Now I click the "flip" radio button, close the door settings and now the zone name shows up in the door schedule and the door is still swing out. I have tried moving the marker inside or outside with now luck. But I did notice the center hotspot moved from the exterior to the interior edge of the wall once I did the work around. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Now the windows.
I place a casement (swinging out) for example in the exterior wall and final click on the exterior. The zone name does not show up in the schedule. Only when the window is final clicked on the interior does the zone name show up in the zone category in the window schedule. So my work around is to select the placed window, open window settings, and select "interior" (even thought it should be "exterior") in the parameters under options/opening direction. I then click the "flip" radio button, and close the window settings. Now the zone name shows up in the schedule. And the sashes/stops/swing still show up correctly (swinging out).

I then tried it on the dbl hungs, but once I get the zone to show up in the schedule the windows operable sash is not correct. And then an awning that swings out, with no luck at all.

I had the same problems in V11 so I gave up on showing zone names in the schedule, and now I have the same problem in V12.

Is this a bug? I hope I'm just missing something.

Thanks,
Jim
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option I have found is to add the "from room" or "to room" parameter to the interactive schedule.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I, too, have given up on ZONEs in Door and Window Schedules...

Bugger as it used to work more easily.

I am hoping that GS can introduce a moveable hotspot that links the window to the zone where the hotspot resides. Been asking for a while now, so I'm not anticipating anything soon.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!