BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

move multiple pline segments

Anonymous
Not applicable
is it possible to move segments of a polyline in one go whilst keeping everything connected, rather than move one node at a time?

attached pic shows what i mean - i'd like to move selected points to a new location.

thanks

move pline points.jpg
9 REPLIES 9
Dwight
Newcomer
MARQUEE and DRAG to relocate as a group.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
played with everything except that!

thanks Dwight.

note: for anyone that wants to know, i had to convert the polyline to line for the 'adjust' command to trim all selected lines and then unify again. (AC10)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Derek wrote:
note: for anyone that wants to know, i had to convert the polyline to line for the 'adjust' command to trim all selected lines and then unify again. (AC10)
Why?
Dwight
Newcomer
Try it and see. Big mess.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i didn't get a big mess but of the segments selected, only one was being adjusted. i had a quick read of the manual when it wasn't working and of the items in the list of things that can be adjusted, polyline isn't one of them
Dwight
Newcomer
My experience adjusting a polyline is that when passing the slicing vector through the polyline array that it cuts the most recent segment and deletes prior segments entirely. Remaining are following segments.

This could be necromancy.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
it could well be...

i had to make the adjustment in the middle of the pline and, like i said, only 1 segment was deleted.

strange that we're discussing the different ways that a tool doesn't work
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have the polyline selected AND a marquee around the nodes then only the node you select to stretch will adjust. If the polyline is NOT selected, but the nodes are within the marquee all nodes within marquee will adjust.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Derek wrote:
Why?
Sorry, didn't read that thoroughly.
Learn and get certified!