BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

need help with magic wand/slab tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to use the slab or wall tool the magic wand pops up as the cursor and I cannot get out of it. It doesn't allow me to draw anything.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this or maybe tell me what I am doing wrong??

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Srinivas
Booster
I think you are pressing the space bar while slab or wall tool is active. Pressing Space bar is the shortcut to activate the magic wand tool.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Srinivas wrote:
I think you are pressing the space bar while slab or wall tool is active. Pressing Space bar is the shortcut to activate the magic wand tool.
Not necessarily. I've had that occur on my machine several times as well. I ended up restarting the computer to clear it, as even just restarting ArchiCAD didn't work. I don't know what caused it I'm afraid.
Srinivas
Booster
Thanks for the clarifications Peter, I was never aware of such an issue. Looking at the number of posts from the User I thought this was caused by pressing the space bar key when the tools were active.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help. I found that when using my touch pad on my laptop the magic wand would always be chosen. When I plugged my mouse in it worked as it should.

Thanks again
Learn and get certified!