BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Battered Wall Tool" non-functional?

Anonymous
Not applicable
When entering values for the battered wall, the "Bottom Thickness" value is greyed out and I can not enter a value. Entering a "Top Thinkness" then a "Batter Angle" is no help since the value box is too small for "Bottom Thickness" to see the value when adjusting the angle to get a specific bottom thickness.

Have I missed something ?

Mac OS X - Achicad 9
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Weeves wrote:
When entering values for the battered wall, the "Bottom Thickness" value is greyed out and I can not enter a value. Entering a "Top Thinkness" then a "Batter Angle" is no help since the value box is too small for "Bottom Thickness" to see the value when adjusting the angle to get a specific bottom thickness.
Visibility is fine for me on both OS X and XP ... so perhaps you can post a screenshot of when you are unable to read the value in the "Bottom Thickness" box?

The fact that bottom thickness is locked/read-only and calculated from top thickness and batter angle is a design flaw IMHO more than a bug. IMHO, the user should be able to enter either top or bottom thickness and have the other one calculated.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually just came across this problem aswell, I could do the math and figure out the angle to get the desired bottom thickness, but quite frankly.... I don't want to, and I shouldn't have to... I attached an image of exactly what I, and I believe Weeves, are refering to.

cheers,
dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Daniel, that is exactly the problem and conclusion I had.
David Bearss
Booster
Yup.
Got the same thing here too. Been messing around tweaking the angle to get it close enough. any ideas anywhere??
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!