BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

stair and wall SEO problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

i am having a problem with using an SEO to trim a wall using a stair in ac12, exactly the same problem as described in this old post: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17726

the old post concerned itself with archicad 11, has there been no fix, or workaround, for ac12? obviously i can just put the railing on as a separate object to solve the problem, but i was wondering if there was a particular set-up i could use in the stair dialogue to avoid this problem?

also, while i'm at it, why does the orbit function focus on the project origin when an object is selected, and when an object is not selected the orbit focuses on whatever object is closest/ under the mouse at the time of orbit? it would seem to me that it would be far more practical to have the slected object be the focus of the orbit, because if i have an object selected while i'm orbiting, it's because i want to work on that object, having the model swing wildly off the screen is completely useless to me - the result is that i have to use several selections / deselections and edit my object in stages, rather than all at once. i haven't been able to find any settings that cause this problem to go away...

cheers
nick
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
On the stair issue all I can offer is to use the work around that David suggested.

On the orbit function: This seems to have changed for the better with the update to build 2420*. Are you up to date on your hotfixes?

That said I don't recall ever seeing the behavior you mention. It used to be that the view would orbit around the center of gravity of visible and selected elements. This was OK but was troublesome if a large site model or slab was selected while navigating in a tight view.

The present behavior seems to reset the focus of the orbit to the center of the current view each time it is used. I find it very fluid, predictable and easy to use.

Perhaps the problem is peculiar to your set up. Please add your system info etc. to your sig line.

* BTW a new hotfix update to build 2523 has just been posted.
Learn and get certified!