BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

tracker input

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can somebody please help me? I use the tracker function when I draw lines, polylines, etc. For some reason, the input (distance) on the tracker just stops working. The tracker box still shows up (with distance and angle), but I am unable to type a distance. When this happens I check the tracker settings in Work Environment and the "Enable direct numeric input into Tracker fields" box is still checked. Sometimes a few minutes later, it will fix itself or I just restart Archicad and it works again. Very frusterating..... Any suggestions??
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Yes.

Windows/Palettes/Coordinate box

Also Control Box.

Forget Tracker and guidelines. Fancy shmancy.

Old fashioned. I know.

Works, though? Always.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only problem I have had with Tracker is that it turns itself off occasionally (usually when opening a new project). Other than that I use it a lot, and I like it.

G-Stace, what version of Archicad and OS? Add to a signature in your profile as answers can vary.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I like the tracker. One less palette I have to have open.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just ran into the same problem & like you I have no idea why. Here's a work-around solution that at least for now is working for me. Instead of hitting D to get into the tracker distance input try hitting R instead.
Jere
Expert
When the tracker was introduced I started using it immediately and haven't looked back. The coordinate box is basically dead to me now. I haven't got guidelines completely figured out yet, and I find the control box often faster to use. But i do use the guidelines as much as I can and find them quite handy for performing parallel and perpendicular operations and for finding projected intersections.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks fdrandel! Last time the tracker "froze" I hit the R key and, like magic, it worked again. Yes!!
Learn and get certified!