BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

unasked for translucency

Anonymous
Not applicable
Something funny happened here: I had opaque slabs and sills, and then they became translucent: not transparent, on "no-fills", but translucent. When I quit AC and restart, it goes away, but then if I change view settings, it seems to get buggy. Is it a switch I am missing?
thanks--
8 REPLIES 8
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
My guess would be that you're switching Display Options and your cover fills are changing to 'No Fills', but it could be other display options too.

You sure it's not one of those?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
even more oblique than that: somehow, someone (might have been me...)checked this box (attached jpeg) in the Work Environment scheme. Rent the whole sitch asunder, it did, until a co-worker suggested I explore the opportunities for graphics card failings...thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
zobi: A completely off-topic question, but in your post one of the walls has an insulation type fill, and I was wondering how you got that? my ArchiCAD doesnt have that particular fill, and it's something that was annoying me awhile back, but I never really looked into it, and now that I see someone who has it I just figured I'd ask.

cheers,
Dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
not a fill, just linetype I made...a bit of a bother to apply, but a minor nuisance compared to all sorts of other ArchiCAD glories.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
just linetype I made...a bit of a bother to apply
Would it be easier to apply if you defined your linetype with segments whose edges were on project zero before you pasted them into the linetype?

Otherwise, there's a stretchy library part called InsulFib in your ArchiCAD Library. Folder 7 - at least in your US version.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link,
Fantastic, InsulFib! Will wonders never cease. It is like my lineype, rather, but has the benefit of being parametric, width-wise. Good call.
But I don't understand your point about linetypes on project zero...how are you anticipting that might help?
thanks!
Djordje
Ace
Zobi wrote:
But I don't understand your point about linetypes on project zero...how are you anticipting that might help?
Your symbols that comprise the line start from the line beginning, that's how
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That's right - when creating new linetypes, the 'reference' of the line is based on project zero. So position the segments (that you copy into the linetype) on project zero first to determine where the 'reference' of the resulting linetype will be.

Otherwise the reference is just based down the center.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!