Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

want to set orientation of doors/window after rotating CW

Erika Epstein
Booster
I don't know if this is just since today's library update, but I'm having a problem with doors/windows in CW panels not orienting correctly when I have rotated in 3D the CW or placed one in a half round curtain wall (half round in section). The door or window orientation no longer relates to the ground. This would be fine in outer space where I have always hoped to go as well as design, but as I am stuck here on earth for the foreseeable future is there a way to set the orientation of doors and windows so after you rotate the CW they can still function correctly here?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
2 REPLIES 2
rocorona
Booster
Door and Windows orientation in CWs has never been related to the ground, but to the reference line used to extrude it.
In fact, in an arched CW like your, if you put a series of windows "vertically", you start wit a correct orientation at one end and arrive wit upside down element on the other side. What happen to the top one (horizontal)?.

Well, the REAL difference from standard Doors and Windows an the ones for CW is a special parameter to set the UP direction, related to the direction of the CW surface.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Thanks Roberto!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"