BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

Outputting values of element settings in Grasshopper

derekjackson
Advocate

Hi, is there a way to output to a text panel the data in some element settings?

Say if I used a Favourite for a Wall in GH, passed it to the Wall Settings component, but want to check what Profile it's using? I tried attaching a Panel, but it just returned NULL - I was hoping for the name of the Complex Profile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nurbs
Advocate

Hi,

The Favorite Node is a "special" one as described in the manual:

Unlike the other input components, the Favorites Input Component is attached not to the Settings
Component, but directly to the Document or Design Component (“Settings” parameter) which
generates the element. By attaching the Favorite Component (instead of a Settings component),
you are thereby defining all parameters of the generated element in one step.

To get the information which you want connect your Favorite to a Wall Node and extract the settings from there:Favorite.png

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Nurbs
Advocate

Hi,

The Favorite Node is a "special" one as described in the manual:

Unlike the other input components, the Favorites Input Component is attached not to the Settings
Component, but directly to the Document or Design Component (“Settings” parameter) which
generates the element. By attaching the Favorite Component (instead of a Settings component),
you are thereby defining all parameters of the generated element in one step.

To get the information which you want connect your Favorite to a Wall Node and extract the settings from there:Favorite.png

AC16 -> AC aktuell
WIN 10 & Mac Studio Ventura
derekjackson
Advocate

Thanks!

Learn and get certified!