BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

Unable to install Grasshopper Live Connection for Archicad 27 + Rhino 7

wwaarch
Contributor

Hello everyone, I am trying to set up the Grasshopper live connection to Archicad 27 with Rhino 7, but no matter what I do I keep getting the dreaded error "Grasshopper-Archicad Live Connection for Archicad 27 is already installed in the selected folder."

I have tried deleting several things that seem to be Grasshopper related, but to no avail. The Grasshopper documentation does not appear to enumerate all the locations the plugin gets installed. Does anyone know how to overcome this error? Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 12.18.30 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
wwaarch
Contributor

Alright so I figured it out. It took me a while to realize that there is an uninstaller in the Archicad 27 folder specifically for the Grasshopper Live Connection Add-on. See attached screenshot.

So the resolution was to:

- Run the uninstaller

- Reinstall the Grasshopper Live Connection add-on

- Re-run the Archicad 27 4060 Hotfix updater to update the Grasshopper add-on

So annoying that the Grasshopper live connection installer on the Graphisoft website is not the most updated one and you have to re-run the massive 4060 Archicad 27

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 1.17.43 PM.png

updater to update it, sigh.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello @wwaarch ,

Do you have perhaps either the Archicad 27 Technical Preview installed on your computer? 

Kind regards,

Illés Papp

Illés Papp
GRAPHISOFT Senior Product Manager

I do not. The standard release USA build 4060.

Solution
wwaarch
Contributor

Alright so I figured it out. It took me a while to realize that there is an uninstaller in the Archicad 27 folder specifically for the Grasshopper Live Connection Add-on. See attached screenshot.

So the resolution was to:

- Run the uninstaller

- Reinstall the Grasshopper Live Connection add-on

- Re-run the Archicad 27 4060 Hotfix updater to update the Grasshopper add-on

So annoying that the Grasshopper live connection installer on the Graphisoft website is not the most updated one and you have to re-run the massive 4060 Archicad 27

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 1.17.43 PM.png

updater to update it, sigh.

Istvan Lengyel
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

The chronology was:
Archicad was released with 3001 buildnumber.

Grasshopper Connection was release with 3001 buildnumer either.

"Archicad Update 1" was created with 4001 buildnumber.

Grasshopper Connection was recreated with 4001 buildnumber, because the "Archicad Update 1" updates only the Grasshopper Add-On, but it does not update the Grasshopper plug-in.

So, after updating the Archicad with the "Archicad Update 1", the Grasshopper Connection from 4001 buildnumber installer should be run.

And later "Archicad Update 1 Hotfix 1" and later the "Archicad Update 1 Hotfix 2" were created.
From Hotfix-es Grasshopper Connection is not created again.

Learn and get certified!