BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

AC26 - Element Snap Not Working (macOS Sonoma)

Jeff Griffin
Enthusiast

Is Element Snap going to be fixed in the (hopefully soon to be released) upcoming compatibility Hotfixes for Archicad on macOS Sonoma?  Since Graphisoft supposedly supports the current and previous version of Archicad, should we expect Hotfixes to fix this basic & essential functionality in AC25(USA FULL) & AC26(USA FULL), since AC27(USA FULL) isn't available yet?

In the clip below, I'm unable to even measure this simple geometry, since Element Snap doesn't work anymore. In case you're wondering, I'm also unable to add dimensions to the corners of this simple geometry. 

https://capture.dropbox.com/INtYugrSSPVDv9DN

Good luck moving anything without invoking the pet pallet first, and hovering your cursor above it. Forget about cmd-D or right click/Move/Drag. Those just don't work anymore. The only "workaround" I've found for this (and element snap) is having any random palette floating in my workspace and running my cursor over it every time I wish to snap to something. To measure the distance between two things, the cursor must pass over random palette twice. Once per snap. Ugh. See clip below for workaround. 

https://capture.dropbox.com/b8MTZXsU17FPBimd

Will other "Known Issues" also be addressed with these hotfixes for both AC26(USA FULL) & AC25(USA FULL) (the current and previous version of Archicad(USA) as of today)?

Does Graphisoft test Archicad on upcoming macOS versions? Certainly, they must have access to macOS Developer Releases, like the rest of the world, right? If they cared enough, it seems like they would be able to anticipate, identify and solve many (if not all) of the bugs, rather than sitting back, being blindsided every year while they wait for things to break and leaving it's valued customers to hold the bag...

iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Sonoma)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Norbert Kucsma
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We are continuously testing the new macOS versions and have participated in the beta program as well.

We are aware of this issue and are planning to fix it in the next update of Archicad 26. The phenomenon is already fixed in Archicad 27.
For more information about the Known Issues and compatibility by different versions please read our article.

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Norbert Kucsma

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Norbert Kucsma
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We are continuously testing the new macOS versions and have participated in the beta program as well.

We are aware of this issue and are planning to fix it in the next update of Archicad 26. The phenomenon is already fixed in Archicad 27.
For more information about the Known Issues and compatibility by different versions please read our article.

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Norbert Kucsma

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for your reply. It is much appreciated.

iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Sonoma)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).
Learn and get certified!