BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

ArchiCAD 12 problems: ArchiCAD layer turns off

Anonymous
Not applicable
my firm recently switched over to ArchiCAD 12 (from 10) and are having some problems....most notably is that, randomly, the archiCAD layer, the one that is always supposed to be on.....turns off. Our files also freeze when the files auto-save, sometimes for more than a minute. restarting the file seems to correct the problem, for a while, but it is a recurring problem and is hindering our productivity. has anyone else experienced these 'glitches' with 12? any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
I've not seen this one, but could you confirm that you are running with the latest hotfix and not out-of-the-box 12?

If you ARE on the latest hotfix, do you have the Navigator Preview palette open when you run into this problem?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, currently running up-to-date (2325 USA Full) and no, we do not work with the navigator preview open.....
Karl Ottenstein
cwmeckel wrote:
yes, currently running up-to-date (2325 USA Full) and no, we do not work with the navigator preview open.....
Bummer. I knew of a related bug and a workaround, but if you're on 2325 without preview visible, that won't help.

Looks like something to contact GS tech support and/or your reseller about - I suspect GS will need your file.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
cwmeckel wrote:
....has anyone else experienced these 'glitches' with 12? any suggestions?
I haven't seen the ArchiCAD layer turn itself off (yet!), but I have a file based on a 'template' (I've basicly been stripping out the most up-to-date file and saving it as basis for a new file.) which has it's origins in AC10.

An interesting 'side effect' is that the polyroof option on the roof tool hangs for about 5-10 minutes after you have drawn the outline, then creates an invalid structure! It works fine in a fresh AC12 file based on the default template, so I'm taking this opportunity to start a new template from scratch, which will hopefully sort the problem.
Learn and get certified!