BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Attributes in AC19

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Anyone else pulling their hair out over Attribute contamination in AC19? Attached is a screenshot of a straight-forward example of what has been happening with my Line Types, Fills and Building Materials.

Line Type Attribute #4 out-of-the-box is “Dashed”. For some reason, in the example below, it’s been replaced with “Solid Line (2)” even though “Solid Line” exists and is Attribute #1.

I'm creating our AC19 template, and have been careful not to cut/paste or otherwise import foreign elements, so I do not know where these rogue attributes are coming from.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
13 REPLIES 13
David Shorter
Advisor
seems that your file is not quite 'clean' I have just check the line attributes in an INT template and the sequence looks like this
lines.jpg
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yes -- I know. The question is: where are these attributes coming from, and why are they overwriting existing attributes?
David Shorter
Advisor
I assume you are using a clean template file so the only other option is that you have some 3rd party library or add on which is/are defining these attributes.
Hope this helps
D
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Nope -- we don't use add ons. Let me clarify -- this is not the first time I've migrated a template -- I've done this over 10 times over the past 10 years. This is a new problem.
Stress Co_
Advisor
I noticed this too.
Don't know the how or why... but the line (2) copies were associated with some of my composite walls.

The good thing was, they were easy to "delete and replace" with the original line type from the "Line Types" palette (not Attribute Manager).
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
jclewis
Booster
Laura

It's not new to 19. I have had it happen in 18 several times.

I haven't run down the reason yet - we just delete and replace as needed.

jcl
James C Lewis
AC 24 (Full)
Mac Pro (Late 2013) OS 10.13.5
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I've had similar problems with AC18, but this is the first time it's been so problematic (probably because of the process of re-creating the template). Good to know it's not just me.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Have you noticed any new,
duplicate Building Materials?
I had that too.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yep -- duplicated Building Materials -- in one instance I had multiple Air Space materials (Air Space (2), Air Space (3)) appear when Air Space was clearly already an available attribute.

What's even MORE frustrating is Building Materials being redefined (i.e. assigned a different Fill and/or Surface than the one originally assigned).
Learn and get certified!