BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Building material list is unreadable in dark mode in AC26

furtonb
Advisor

Hi, 

The building material attribute window has a weird glitch: in dark mode the list of materials are still rendered in white, which makes it unreadable and barely usable:

furtonb_0-1702505358524.png

The rest of the UI looks OK, this is the only window I see this happening.

SW: Archicad 26 INT b5003 (Apple Silicon version), macOS Ventura 13.5.2 (22G91)

HW: M1 Max MBP (24c 64 GB)

(fyi: for comparison, AC27 INT b4001 shows the bMat window properly)

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, this has been reported to them many times in both AC26, beta testing of AC27, after the release of AC27... I do believe it is FINALLY fixed with build 4030. It worked when I last tried. Hopefully it will remain this way.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

I couldn't find anything on this, hence my post.

I am running AC26 INT build 5003 and it is still not fixed in this.

Extremely annoying issue.

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64

Understood. It's hard to find anything in this forum setup. I was pointing out the extended time that GS had known about it and failed to fix it earlier.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
DGSketcher
Legend

This has been around a few years now, basically since we were offered Dark Mode. Multiple complaints have received that typical GS response "It's an experimental feature" and have been v e r y  s l o w l y fixing these display failings. In AC27 I think these white outs have gone, but we are still left with many things that could be a lot better in terms of contrast and general readability e.g. duplicate overlaid text or black text on dark grey background etc. We are getting to the point though where the faults are on a par with all the other bad UI decisions in light or dark mode.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
furtonb
Advisor

I get it, thanks for the summaries.

This glitch makes dark mode in AC26 unusable for me, how fortunate during the end-of-year grind's infinite working days!

Wish me luck convincing my colleagues to migrate to AC27. 🙃

Maybe I've just forgot how frustrating this was and that's why I kept the lights on.

Learn and get certified!