BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Differentiating Modules Layers from the Plan Layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is there a way to Differentiate Modules Layers from the Plan Layers, that is when the layers of module are different than plan (otherwise I assume if the layers of module and plan have the same name they all will merge). I guess I am looking into same approach as X-Ref functionality or how MicroStation manages attached (hot link) files. Can such approach be obtained in ArchiCad or it is a Wish list item?
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Joseph wrote:
Is there a way to Differentiate Modules Layers from the Plan Layers, that is when the layers of module are different than plan (otherwise I assume if the layers of module and plan have the same name they all will merge). I guess I am looking into same approach as X-Ref functionality or how MicroStation manages attached (hot link) files. Can such approach be obtained in ArchiCad or it is a Wish list item?
Wishlist; AFAIR it is already there for quite some time.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:
Hi,
Is there a way to Differentiate Modules Layers from the Plan Layers, that is when the layers of module are different than plan (otherwise I assume if the layers of module and plan have the same name they all will merge).
Joseph Harouni
Any module layers will be imported with the modules too, so get the name perfect. I creqaate a 'module notes' layer which I only use int the module.
Tom Krowka
Booster
Couldn't you put a number or letter in front of each layer in the module file. That way they couldn't merge, and you could control each layer.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Addind a number or letter is one way but, I usually add extensions to all layers in the module file (e.g. mod or T1 this depends on what the module is), so that the module layers are visible and different.

I then use the extension filter in the layer dialog box to use/see only the layers in the active file.

hope that helps!
Learn and get certified!