BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Door schedule: is there a way to generate element ID (headline) from schedule fields (values)

ej
Contributor

I am creating a door schedule and writing the element ID manually but I wonder if there is a more effective way?

The doors element ID are supposed to contain a summary of the values found in the schedule.

I have tried to generate headline from a selected number of schedule fields, but I would like to format the headline differently (replace commas and spacing), and I would like to be able to have both the headline and the schedule field active in the same schedule. Furthermore the doors are labeled in plan so it would be easier to use an element ID which will be the same in plan and schedule.

And one final problem is that I have hotlinks that are mirrored which create doors with the same element ID but different orientation. I have solved this by writing the element ID without the orientation, in plan the label can combine element ID with orientation but in schedule the closest I have come is to create a headline from combining schedule fields but because of the my earlier mentioned preferences I have refrained from using a combined headline. Instead I manually write element IDs, and the in regard to the doors of mirrored hotlinks I manually overwrite the text in a layout.

I add 2 screenshots trying to illustrate my thoughts a little better

present.png

future.png

Thanks, Elias

AC 25
macOSmontery (12.3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You should create Expression-defined Properties which would contain these data and schedule those.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You should create Expression-defined Properties which would contain these data and schedule those.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you!

AC 25
macOSmontery (12.3)
Learn and get certified!