BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

How to query door handing in a schedule

JoeA
Booster

I am looking for a way to query the handing / hinge side of a swinging door in a schedule.

I know I can create a property to enter the data manually for a door.  However, if the door is part of a module AND the module is mirrored, the handing / hinge value is incorrect.  I want the value to display "Right" or "Left" automatically (This situation is similar for cabinets and plumbing fixtures too.)

The alternative is to create two master units for the modules; a Right and Left version.  While this would work, it would double the maintenance effort of managing the prototypes.

Thoughts?

Joe A.

(ArchiCAD since 8.0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Xandros
Expert

I could imagine an expression based property, which uses the Hotlink Master-ID as a switch for a condition, might work in your case.

If you work with unique Hotlink Master-ID's or are even able to include a unique sign for a mirrored hotlink, you might look for this name / sign in your expression and react accordingly to it.

for example like this:

IF(Hotlink Master-ID="mirrored";

IFS( Hinge Side = "Left"; "Right";

Hinge Side = "Right"; "Left");

Hinge Side)

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Xandros
Expert

I could imagine an expression based property, which uses the Hotlink Master-ID as a switch for a condition, might work in your case.

If you work with unique Hotlink Master-ID's or are even able to include a unique sign for a mirrored hotlink, you might look for this name / sign in your expression and react accordingly to it.

for example like this:

IF(Hotlink Master-ID="mirrored";

IFS( Hinge Side = "Left"; "Right";

Hinge Side = "Right"; "Left");

Hinge Side)

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Great idea!

I will follow that thought process through the Hotlink Module.

(Now if only ArchiCAD could auto-detect the hinge side of a door...)

Yves
Advocate

Hi,
On the French version this parameter exists

Capture d’écran 2024-02-07.png

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13
Learn and get certified!