BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Multiple-choice option Properties - separator character

matjashka
Enthusiast

Hello all,

Has anyone discovered if there's an option to list multiple choice properties in separate lines, or use a custom character?

Option1

Option2

Option3

It sounds like that would be quite easy from a programmers perspective, but ArchiCAD always uses a semicolon:

Option1; Option2; Option3

There does not seem to be a special "escape character" that would allow to insert a line break (an equivalent of \n or </br>) but maybe someone out there has some insider knowledge... I also tried the "new paragraph" symbol but that failed.

Anyone? Thanks for looking!

Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
2 REPLIES 2
4dProof
Advisor

definitely seems like this should be an option with expressions. I know you can exclude after a given character (IE: Option 1 | then use expression to exclude text after the "|" symbol). But I'm not sure how this plays out with option set data

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Unfortunately, expressions do not work with multiple-choice properties.

Not only that, expressions don't really provide tools for formatting text, you can glue and slice and inject strings, yes, but you just end up with another string, there's no "break line" character that I know of, even if I could use that (see above). It should be easier than this, but no -- it's just the semicolon hard-coded somewhere into ArchiCAD.

Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Learn and get certified!