BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

importing xml file into OpenStudio

rtaheri
Participant

When importing gbxml file into OpenStudio, I get the error "Bad Date" It seems the day, month and year come as 1, 1, 1.

The date and time comes correctly in ARCHICAD master sheet data block, however, I don't know why OpenStudio does not get it.

Thanks,

Roya

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 13.6.4

open studio problem with gbxml.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Eric BdD
Participant

I also get a similar message when trying to import GBXML generated by ArchiCad into the OpenStudio Application or Honeybee. The error I receive from Honeybee is: 

1. Solution exception:Failed to run OpenStudio CLI:

SWIG director method error. RuntimeError: D:\OSN\src\utilities\time\Date.cpp@382 : Bad Date: year = 1, month = Jan(1), day = 1.

My Archicad installation is v.26, Windows 11.

There are two previous discussions about this issue regarding GBXML exports in previous versions of Archicad in the Ladybug/Honeybee user forum:

https://discourse.ladybug.tools/t/problem-error-import-gbxml/4153/5 

Import gbXML file generated from ARCHICAD - grasshopper / honeybee-legacy - Ladybug Tools | Forum

They point to a bad schedule year (value 0 or 1) being generated by Archicad's export. It seems to be an ongoing problem with Archicad that has not yet been fixed. The two work-arounds suggested in these forum topics are to either manually edit the gbxml file to correct the year, or to run the gbxml export before running an energy simulation. 

Does Graphisoft have a solution or recommended work-around?

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!