BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

Can i setup BIM server on a local machine in an office where there are only two Macs and an airport extreme router (we have no server)?
If so how can i have two computers working on the same file with this setup?

Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Of course, you can!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Pawel,

The problem is that i've already installed and configured the BIM Server in my computer (and in my computer seems to work fine!), created a a teamwork file, configured users but the other computer is unable connect to the BIM Server (my computer) even through the link file.
How can i solve this.

Thanks.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Are you saying that the two computes connect not though Ethernet cables but through Wi-Fi?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my opinion you have problem in accessing to Bim server folder or teamwork folder for your computer. Please check yours privileges. I'm using similar configuration in my office. You can also create new account on the computer, where is installed Bim Server and turn on remote control in preferences panel. It is simple solution, additionaly you will connect to second computer when you stay out off office.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

That's right Laszlo two computers connected through wifi.
Powel, the BIM Server folder was set to shared as well as read/write privileges for everyone so i can't see why this is happening.
Am i missing something?

Thank you
Erika Epstein
Booster
Check out this wiki article. You may have to amend the host file.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

Finally it works!!
Did a clean reinstall of the BIM Server and was careful about file permissions as Pawel recommended. I think it did the trick.

Thank you very much everyone, as always you've been great !
Learn and get certified!