BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Bimcloud not accessible on Mac

jaapa
Participant

The bimcloud server is not accessible, due to insecure http connection. This only occurs on MacOS (Venture 13.6) when connecting through Archicad, while on Windows and access through the browser works fine.

To me this looks like a MacOS setting issue (but I am not sure) and I have no idea how to solve it.

error message.png

4 REPLIES 4

I had a similar issue where strangely I couldn’t access the BIMcloud when I was on the internal network but could when I connected from home through VPN. I had to open the BIMcloud port on our router and then it worked. Almost like the connection to the Server goes out of the building and back in through the router instead of direct through the internal network. The domain nor the IP address worked. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
4dProof
Advisor

I have definitely seen this. unfortunately, this is something I've always left to the IT guys to fix. Something about port forwarding or firewalls or whatever... networking jargon isn't my thing

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Lillikoivula
Participant

Has this problem got solved?

I have exactly the same problem with my university BIMcloud, and uni IT support can not do anything about this...

With Windows works fine and I can also access via the internet (vith VPN) to our portal, but not with Archicad, so team work gets impossible 😞

@Lillikoivula, this issue is not caused by a bug in BIMcloud but by a not properly set server/network. The certificate seems to be invalid but this can happen due to network issues as mentioned above. Please consult with your IT support again for the solution.

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, Collaboration
Learn and get certified!