BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Change group role on BIMCloud SaaS

Jarno S
Participant

Hi,

I have BIMcloud SaaS group with 8 member. They have "Full access" role now and i like to change it to self made custom role ....i can't find where i can set that custom role active for group?

Roles.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you want to grant your custom roles to the members, the easiest is:

• On the Users page, create a new group. Add your members.
  • On the Project page's root (do not select any of the folders or files) click on the Access panel on the right side and add your new group with your custom role.

Keep in mind that the members should have visibility permissions over the files, else no matter what permissions you gave, they can't use them (as they can't access the files). I also strongly suggest to keep the default permissions and don't delete them unless you're 100% sure on what you are doing. Else, you can easily lock out yourself from your BIMcloud.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

If you want to grant your custom roles to the members, the easiest is:

• On the Users page, create a new group. Add your members.
  • On the Project page's root (do not select any of the folders or files) click on the Access panel on the right side and add your new group with your custom role.

Keep in mind that the members should have visibility permissions over the files, else no matter what permissions you gave, they can't use them (as they can't access the files). I also strongly suggest to keep the default permissions and don't delete them unless you're 100% sure on what you are doing. Else, you can easily lock out yourself from your BIMcloud.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Learn and get certified!