BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Hotlinking (PLP's) teamwork projects-- Possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
our main PLP file has become very large and would like to split it in two (one for interiors).
In previous AC versions, it used to be possible to Hotlink PLN's , and now when trying to Hotlink PLP's I don't seen to get that option, plp's show grayed out on the 'add hotlink' dialog box.

Has anyone done this, if so, what's the procedure??

many thanks,

C.J.
Greenwich, CT
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
That works fine, but some updates could take alot of time. I don't know if it's because of teamwork or just a big hotlink file though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's right, our updates take too long, and I think it's the library parts, plus our own customized Lib parts.
I'll do a major clean-up to reduce regeneration time, as indicated on the BigBldgWhitepaper document.
Meanwhile I managed to figure out how to hotlink PLP-to-PLP, which will in itself will cut down on update time.

Many thanks anyway,
C.J.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
You can hotlink PLP files but I wouldn't as you rightly say it's to slow. Instead Publish modules of just the data you need in the other PLP and Hotlink to those.

For example we have PLP that contains the main elements that make up the Project. We then have other PLP files that connect to modules Published from the Propject PLP to create specific drawings such Escape Signage, Stair construction, Floor finishes etc.

This avoids having a huge Project file thereby speeding up sending and receiving as only data that is used more than once is in the Project PLP whereas the other PLPs contain data that will only be used once and again they are as small as possible to again speed up sending and recieving and saving.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Teamwork is not the only way to parcel out work. Consider the tasking of work to individuals on the team through the assignment of modules.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Learn and get certified!