BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Request Granted Pop-Up

Anonymous
Not applicable
By pop-up i mean that which is shown in the attached jpeg.

Unless I am mistaken you will only see confirmation and request pop-ups if you have ArchiCAD maximised? We find this a pain, as sometimes layer requests go unnoticed because we are doing something else at the time - is there an option in ArchiCAD to have requests appear regardless of what you are looking at on screen?
i.e. I see a request or confirmation despite looking at my desktop, email, text document and not ArchiCAD.

If this is not possible, I would kindly appreciate this being moved to the wishlist area 🙂
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try to uncheck the "Show New Message Alert in Teamwork" checkbox in the More Options page of the Work Environment Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
We find this a real pain as well. We have resorted to using instant messaging in conjunction with the internal messages so we will see them and respond to them.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I might have misunderstood the original question:
It is also possible to send and Instant Message with High Priority, in which case it will stay on the screen until the user clicks on it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Two MAJOR gripes I have about message pop-ups in AC16...

1. In AC 15, you could click and hold a message from someone, and drag it into the middle of your screen. This way, any future messages will pop up right in the middle of the screen, hard to miss by the receiver.

This is not true in AC16. You can still grab the message and move it, but every message after pops up in the "default" corner of the screen. With all the other toolbars, it is hard to see, and so none of my requests go answered. This is a major pain in the rear.

2. High Priority Messages: In AC15, a high priority message would stay on the screen until someone clicked it. So far in AC16, I have had no high priority messages stay put. They linger for about 10 seconds, then disappear.

So my messages are in the corner of the screen, and disappear. I have to constantly go to other workers and ask to check the message log for my requests. PLEASE FIX THIS!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
It is also possible to send and Instant Message with High Priority, in which case it will stay on the screen until the user clicks on it.
Laszlo,

Can you check this in 16? It do not believe this is the case....
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Steve,
You are right, this seems to have been changed.
Even High Priority messages disappear after 10 seconds.
The Help file also says the same.
I will have to look into this to see if this was deliberate or is a bug.
But I think it may be a bug since now the message always dehaves the same way regardless of whether it is normal or high priority: it pops up in the lower left corner, if you click it, it opens, if not, it disappears after 10 seconds and will be seen only in the list of the Message Panel of the Teamwork Palette.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for looking into that. I will also forward to Graphisoft North America and see what they have to say.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I just got word back from GS HQ that they put it into the bug database.
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I just got word back from GS HQ that they put it into the bug database.
Laszlo, This has not been fixed yet.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!