BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Windows Server 2022 unusable after Windows Update due to BimCloud Basic

NiRungu
Participant

We have been unable to update Windows Server 2022 because everytime we update Windows the CPU usage by BIM services makes the server unusable it yoyos from 15%-70% although the Physical Cores always seem to stay higher all the time I assume that's why it goes down to 15% with an appreciable increase in usability. Once I have removed the Windows updates it goes back to normal. This has been going for about 6 months and have tried updating 3 times and every time its the same we just have to remove the updates and it is back to normal the second time it happened we tried removing updates one by one but could isolate the problematic one, unfortunately it is a production server so we don't have much time to experiment. I did notice when it was slow the BIMCloudMonitor.exe processes of which there are about 14 (the server runs BIMcloud 23 - 27) were continuously using 2% CPU each, when running normally they consume 0% CPU you can see the difference in slow and working jpeg files attached.

working.png

Slow.png

1 REPLY 1
Boldizsar Vermes
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

@NiRungu, please contact your local Graphisoft representative for personalized support.

Windows Server 2022 is a supported, hence tested OS for BIMcloud. We didn't see any similar phenomenon before. What you experience here must be investigated.

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, Collaboration
Learn and get certified!