BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3D views in projec map and view map

David Bearss
Booster
I am trying to understand the flow of settings to control rendering setup. I place cameras in the project map and then in the view map save the views and ultimately use these views in the layout views or publisher sets. What I am trying to understand is how far any changes made to the camera view in the project map are translated into the views and publisher. I seem to be getting inconsistent results.

for example I am using a camera to generate a LW view and a sketch view. However modifying the camera does not seem to translate consistently to the views. Should this be automatic?
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

No, to my knowledge changing your camera view will not update in your view. Rather, you need to double-click on your camera, and then when you have everything the way you like it, go to your View Map, right-click on your View, go to "View Settings...", and once in there, at the top of the dialog box is a button that says "Get Current Window's Settings." That is it. Pressing that button will change your View to whatever is in the 3D window. And this includes all the settings you have configured for your Renderings Settings dialog box as well.

Hope this helped.
Foster
David Bearss
Booster
Was afraid of that.
So my next question is what is the difference between "Get current window settings" and "Redefine image settings with current"?
When do people use and to specifically achieve what?
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Learn and get certified!