BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

ArtLantis NEON shader - shadows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
i'm facing a problem regarding ARTLANTIS 3 neon shader(standard).
As you can see in the attachment i have a simple wall with neon shader and in front of it some walls with different thickness with plastic material.

What i expected from artlantis was that the light from neon shader will go between the plastic walls, and as you can see looks like a spot light from the back of the wall. I have NO lights.

What's the problem?

Thank you.

Capture1.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Not enough information ... and you should really be asking this on the Artlantis / Abvent forums anyway if you really want (1) an answer and (2) to influence any change in neon behavior.

Your precise version/build of Artlantis is essential information, as is your platform, the neon settings, and the complete photorendering settings. Please post all of that over here:

http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=support/forum/liste&fid=atl_shaders_us

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for missing information, Artlantis version is Studio 3 on Windows 7 64 and XP SP2 and all materials are standard. The same behavior it's also in Studio 2.

Regardin posting here, as far I know this part of the forum is related to :Producing imagery with ArchiCAD or 3rd party products; Materials; Lighting; etc.

The Artlantis site/forum was down for two days, and isn't so populated as this one.

There are more interesting posts here related to Artlantis that in the Abvent forum.

Thank you.
Learn and get certified!