BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Dear Doctor LightWorks: Black Bottom Disease

Dwight
Newcomer
An alert reader messages:

"Dear Doctor LightWorks:

I am another Archicad and Artlantis user, watching your post at ArchiTalk. They are great and useful. Thanks for all of them. I need a little help, too.

In LW, ceilings are too dark. I have a simple object which has lots of coloums and a slab on them, using Sky Object and Sun Object in scene. Render results are good enough but ceiling of this slab is too dark.

Can you recommend something to solve this? If you can fix the model and light parameters, I will be pleased."
Dwight Atkinson
1 REPLY 1
Dwight
Newcomer
Dear Alert Future Reader:

Black Bottom Disease is like my wife's cousin's sheep get in Sibford Ferris, but this solution beats digging maggots out with a trowel. I won't say where from.

It's not my idea but I will bask in the glory of writing the solution - to place a second sun in the scene that casts no shadows with a manual sun angle - altitude set to -90.

Setting changes include: adding yellow to the original sun - power 40 - light sources 10 divergence .5 degrees

Sky light bluish 25

underground invisible sun also bluish.
adjusted exposure and saturation in photoshop

I get the feeling that the Police were writing about LightWorks when they did that "invisible sun" song.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!