BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Enscape asset mapping

s_p_b
Booster

I saw in the Graphisoft page for Archicad 27, an update about the Enscape connection:

Streamlined Archicad – Enscape Connection

Create real-time visualizations more comfortably with the revamped Archicad – Enscape connection:

• Map any Archicad object to any high-poly Enscape asset to leverage the best of both worlds.
  • Enscape is now also available for the macOS platform.
  • Available for Subscription, Forward, and SSA users only.

I understand from this, that we can now set any Archicad object to be a proxy for an Enscape asset, (which would be really really useful as the orange Enscape assets don't look very good), but I can't figure out how this might be done. (I do have a subscription).

Enscape assets have an Asset ID parameter, which saves a GUID for a specific Enscape asset, and it seems that this is what Enscape is picking up to link a model. But regular Archicad objects don't have this parameter.

3 REPLIES 3

As I haven´t seen or later been able to find the feature - I was surprised by reading this post and a mention of the feature in a recently published article/promotion piece about AC27:

"It is also worth noting that Graphisoft has doubled down on its work with Enscape, the real-time visualisation software, to build a more streamlined connector. It’s now possible to map any Archicad object to any high-poly Enscape asset, giving users the best of both worlds. Enscape is also now available for the macOS platform and is available for Subscription, Forward and SSA users."

I know that it has been an object on the public roadmap but it apparently isn´t any more - all that is left is traces of a direct link. And it should be noted that there isn´t any mention of the mapping functionality in the two community knowledge base entries that mention "streamlined visualisation" - both have been edited.

So what is going on here? 

timmonty
Newcomer

Has anybody managed to figure this one out. It would be a really useful tool and is supposed to have been added in 27?

Noticed that it is marketed as a new feature directly by GS as well:

"Map any Archicad object to any high-poly Enscape asset to leverage the best of both worlds."

Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!