BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Export to Artlantis from AC12 not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to export my file from AC12 to Artlantis 2, it says it cannot write the file. Not really sure whats going on here...
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
This does happen.

There's something in the Archicad file the export dislikes - possibly lights like the sunobject for instance

Sometimes I just try again and it works.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried multiple times and also unchecked sun and lights, but still no luck. Could it be that this file just cant be exported at all?
I have seen it in AC10 and AC11. I am pretty sure it is somehow related to the input sequence of file name and the file/directory structure when exporting. It is something like if ArchiCAD is already looking at a directory and you change the name or format (Artl, psd, etc.) of the export (as opposed to changing the name and then browsing to look up the destination directory) you get that message. It happened to me twice a few minutes ago, and things somehow work if I rebuild the 3D window, 'Save As', change the export file name if needed, browse to look up the directory.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still no good. I dont understand whats going on....it all started when I updated to AC12, as well as quite a few other issues with AC11 files opening in AC 12.
Learn and get certified!