BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How to do this in AC or Artlantis??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to get this kind of "clay" or "plastic" render out of Artlantis or ArchiCAD? I know the bigger programs, such as 3DS or Modo can do it with global illumination...didn't know if there was a way to do it or not.

YashicaE35.jpg
14 REPLIES 14
Thomas Holm
Booster
Oooo!
I know this is off topic, but I had one of those... it must be exactly 40 years ago... it could do loooong exposures, night shots, whatever, it worked tremedously fine until it broke... nor the most sturdy construction I've seen.

Sorry... dream time...

Edited:
I'd guess, in Artlantis, if you just assign every part of it a matte gypsum-like shader, it should be a piece of cake. Er... or not... but easy, anyway.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah yes! I had forgtten about that threat..I was actually the one who began it as well. I could never seem to reproduce the results, however that was back when I just started with Artlantis, so I will give it another go now that I have a bit more experience and understanding under my belt (thanks Dwight!)

I will post my results sometime today.

Thanks so much!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Heres my first attempt...fairly close to what I was hoping for. My only issue is the shadow "rays" from so many lights...any idea how to smooth that out?
Dwight
Newcomer
Here's a variation on the absolutely neutral solution.

And I made the surfaces quite grey.....

As for shadows in your valleys - maybe you could make the surfaces glow slightly?? Are you sure you have turned off the shadows in the heliodon??
a little less diffuse.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Heres with the same settings minus the post-processing brightness, which is doe in photoshop instead...

I actually turned the heliodon off for these..it was giving me a far too bright and sharp image, even with power all the way down and softest shadows.

I think this one is very close to what I want...Ill be able to know better once we get our project massed and in here, close up.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is clay render . . .
artlantis is fast but its radiocity is terrible
GI terrible
But we have speed
I wish that i can get higher quality images in artlantis, i can wait more for that... i can whait for better images
This is Vray.
Karl Ottenstein
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
Could you illustrate what you find so bad, Necko? (2.0.3 was generally fine; the initial 2.1 which has been temporarily pulled had some bugs.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
Could you illustrate what you find so bad, Necko? (2.0.3 was generally fine; the initial 2.1 which has been temporarily pulled had some bugs.)

Cheers,
Karl

My problem is that i cant control quality of shadows, i always loved clay renders and especialy renders with GI without sun . . . Everything i do i get very poor shadows results and i cant make it better. I wish that i have possibility to choose between quality and speed...
I love Artlantis, fast, time saver, simple...
But sometimes i miss higher quality (mostly time) but i can live without that.
My favorite program was lightscape...It was simple, fast, good quality renders, ies support etc.
Im architect and i dont have time to loose on creating stunning 3d images, but with artlantis everything is finished before i drink my coffy and i just say that i can whait longer for better quality
artlantis is TOO FAST
Learn and get certified!