BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Is there a way to add an opacity to a vectorial fill?

Keith S
Contributor

Hello,

On my elevation view, I have two sidings of the same size but different colors and I'd like to represent that in greyscale. I have a vectorial fill that matches the size of siding panels but I'd like to differentiate between the two colors. Is there a wall to add a solid fill/opacity to the vectorial fill? I could just add a 2d fill on the elevation itself but that will take a lot of time.

I have attached two snips, the first is what the model currently shows, and the second is what I want to achieve (without the use of a dummy cover fill, which is how this drawing was made)

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Current Elevation.png

Elevation with Cover fill.png

3 REPLIES 3
mthd
Ace

I did something similar with 2D fills when the elevation is changed to drawing status. I just selected the cover fills of the elevation and change the colour of the fill pens. You can always turn your elevations back to auto rebuild whenever you want to. Or just get the magic wand to create your 2D fills. 

Someone else might be able to help us with a 3D solution.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
cuba
Advocate

Make a graphic override which only changes the background color of the object.

Filter the object by element Id,... 

GO.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

What is the cladding/siding product?  Steel and/or Wood? 

SteveJepson_0-1695580988431.png

SteveJepson_1-1695590400869.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!