BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Is there a way to rotate prism26 object when set to 0 degrees in Angle to XY plane?

yimyammer
Booster

See attached image.

I like to model all the tiles in my houses for scheduling, estimating and communication purposes.  The prism26 object is almost exactly what I need but I cant rotate it in view to set which side of the tile should be at the bottom.

Is there a trick to getting it to rotate like shown here:

2023-06-20_12-50-15.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Botonis
Advisor

Why don't you create a custom profiled beam with the shape of your tile (if you want to use it for walls).?

You can rotate then to any angle with the  beam axis rotation....

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
yimyammer
Booster

I don't use beams much so I never thought of it as an option, would be nice if the hex object had the ability to rotate as needed because regardless of application, the one way to apply wont work in every case so this flexibility seems like a good option to have built into the object.  At least they added some ability to rotate, hopefully this gets added eventually 

Botonis
Advisor

Change it then to a morph, rotate it and save it as an object. Another way.  Don' t forget to adjust the correct thickness. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
yimyammer
Booster

Thanks, I'll look into morphs, havent tackled how to use those yet

Learn and get certified!