BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Photo Rendering In ArchiCAD 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi i wish to render a building and place it on a real photo, is there is an easy way? i only have AC11 and i am using the lightworks engine.

cheers

Joker.31
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
Use the "real" photo as a rendering background.

This can also show in the OpenGL 3D view where you walk the camera around the model until the view aligns.

You can also create a "shadowcatcher" material to catch the building shadow as if it was falling into the photo.

Archicad has an Align View tool, but without many measured verticals and an undistorted image background it is kak.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I would like to take a good quality backgrount photo to my modell. I can use "view aligns" option, but I need a good camera adjustment...
Dwight
Newcomer
A good camera adjustment would mean making a background photo in the 3D OpenGL view and walking the camera around until things seem to line up.

The so-called 3D alignment tool is hampered by reality: rarely are photos taken without some crookedness or distortion, preventing an accurate line-up.

Also, rarely do context photos have enough cues or are they showing level sites, so there is still plenty of guesswork.

Have a calm spirit and take your time. There is a logical solution that can be achieved by eye.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!