BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Section / Elevation Colour problem

Bruce
Expert
Hi all,

I've migrated a v9 model into v10 to get colour onto the elevations. Problem is that it doesn't work! That is - no colour.

Yes, I've checked the appropriate boxes, I've tried it in a v10 file to make sure I'm doing it right (I am) - but no cigar.

Is this a known glitch? If it isn't, it is now!
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
It is working. At least in OS X. Here's a screnshot of my settings on a migrated project
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
ejrolon wrote:
It is working. At least in OS X. Here's a screnshot of my settings on a migrated project
Same here. If it's set to Uniform Color make sure it's not set to pen 0 or -1.

Cheers,
Link.
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I have had the very same problem (a migrated project) with AC RC1 some time ago, have not tested that with the final version.
::rk
andrewzarb
Booster
Just used it two weeks ago on a twelve storey building migrated from ArchiCAD 9. No problem.

On windows XP
owen
Newcomer
I've got the same settings as ejrolon shows and I'm getting colour only on the areas in shadow (see attached). All the white bits are in sunlight.

Strange or what

All the materials have Airspace set as their vectorial fill, and they show correctly when viewed in 3D with vectorial hatching on. Not that this should matter though as i have vectorial hatching switched off for the elevation.

The fact that these settings are working for some and not me indicates there is either:

1. a bug in this version (AUS 817)

or

2. Another setting outside the Section/Elevation settings could be affecting this.

For 1 could any of the other Aus users confirm if they have this problem. As for 2, any idea what it could be anyone?
Picture 1.png
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Eduardo Rolon
Might be the materials settings. Mine are Internal Engine not Lightworks.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

owen
Newcomer
Same here.

Attached is the same view, but created by a 3D Side Elevation View along with the material settings for the Terracotta cladding panels.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

owen
Newcomer
OK looks like this is a bug with files migrated from v9.

Attached is an elevation from the project when merged into a new AC10 Template file.

Everything looks great (apart from the missing windows, etc)

Unfortunately merging is not an option .. too many other things get stuffed in the process (view sets ...)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Anonymous
Not applicable
The answer (apart from "blowing in the wind" or "is in the stars") would appear to be the following...
Go to Model View Options and to Options for Fills & Zones.
Check that the Show Cover Fill Contours Only is unchecked and the Cover fill Patterns is set to As in Settings
This should solve your appearance issues in the sect/elev window
Learn and get certified!