BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Split face concrete block texture, anyone?

If anybody has one, or can lead me to one, I will be very grateful.
10 REPLIES 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Ignacio wrote:
If anybody has one, or can lead me to one, I will be very grateful.
Ignacio:

I created this pict texture for a project done in ArchiCAD 8. A rendering is at:
www.davidmaudlin.com/Projects/0309/0309.html

Hope this helps.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Ignacio

For some texture of concrete —basically for exterior floors…— you can go to this swedish manufacturing site with texture dowloadable at the ArchiCAD and ArtLantis format here http://www.cementa.se/VisualiseraBetong/DATA/movie.htm

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
that's odd, I logged onto the forum today to ask this exact same question so thanks for reading my mind guys....

cheers,
dan

edit: actually fmr... you want to help me out with reading the sweedish? I get an error when I go to install and... wel, I've got no clue what it says
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel wrote:
edit: actually fmr... you want to help me out with reading the sweedish? I get an error when I go to install and... wel, I've got no clue what it says

Swedish is not an easy language

May i have not find the easy way —I can't download the entire texture library…— but I find a way who works… In the home page you can only download the ADT Texture library. If a swedish can help us…

The principe that I find is to choose your texture by "visiting the site" — The choice is important… don't hesitate to visit "completely" the site— and pick up the texture that you need

The area where you can download AN ArchiCAd texture is called "Visa texturer", sometime you need to click on "Hämta textur". Select the ArchiCAD format and download
Put the Jpeg and master GDL file in a library, then the texture appear in your material list.

If a swedish can help us… He is welcome…
rm
Advisor
FMR,

Great find for concrete textures. My understanding of Sweedish does not exist. But the site is easy enough to get around.

thanks for the tip!
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
fmr - thanks for helping me out there, i must have looked at the "visa texturer" bit a dozen times, and never noticed the button "Hämta textur". On the first page though; http://www.cementa.se/VisualiseraBetong/DATA/movie.htm there is a link to download a 10MB file, and I thoguht that's what you were originally referring to, and thats the one I couldn't get to work... I still kind of wonder what it is though... heres the error message if anyone has any ideas, I'm pretty sure it says I must install Architectural Desktop 2004 first, before I can install it.

cheers,
Dan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Dan

You don't need to download the file for ADT 2004, he doesn't works with ArchiCAd at all.
You just need to download EACH texture one by one by "Hämta textur" in the site with a great choice of options.

When you download a texture, you get a .zip file which contain 3 files each time :
by example
— Master_gdl_Räfflad1_S.GDL (that put the materiel automatically in your ArchiCAd menu)
— räfflad_Stor.jpg (The "texture for mapping)
— Read_me.jpg (that you don't need to drop to your library, if you drop this file more than one time you may have an error)

Be careful to the ä, the ö and other swedish particular characters, after downloading some texture I have a message error and i need to rename the texture file where the ä or ö "going away"…

I Hope that "explanations" help you, if you have more problems…
Anonymous
Not applicable
aye, I figured that out fmr.. thanks for the help though.

If anyone is interested i just went through the website and downloaded every texture, and organized it into a nice little package you can just load into archicad, to get all of em, instead of downloading them one by one.

let me know if you want it..

cheers,
dan
somoba
Newcomer
[Daniel S.] "If anyone is interested i just went through the website and downloaded every texture, and organized it into a nice little package you can just load into archicad, to get all of em, instead of downloading them one by one.

let me know if you want it.."

Hi!
It would be really nice if you could send it to me...
'cause my understanding of swedish doesn't exist too
Thanx!
Somogyváry Balázs

Different PCs, Win XP, Vista, 7, 8, and Mac's, from OS 8 to always actual OS X, SabayonLinux (my favorite), Fedora Core, Debian, Ubuntu
Notebook: Mac Book Pro, Intel Core i7, running different OS-es
Learn and get certified!