BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

my new composites didn't show the lines that i've created from the cover fills

scrptdfalls
Participant

hi so I've created new fills, surfaces, building materials & composites for walls (I made it to fulfill the standard in Indonesia) but when I tried to create the new walls that I've created, the line symbol didn't show up. what should I do to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

Please provide screenshots of your fill settings. It would also help if you include some information about your system setup. Refer to the links in my signature about creating a post and adding a signature.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
4dProof
Advisor

this could be a huge range of reasons your elements are not shown as their settings say they should.

-graphic overrides

-renovation filter

-on screen view options > show vectorial vills

-in section/elevation, the cut and/or uncut lines, fills, pens can be overwritten in the viewpoint/marker settings

-trace reference could be on and set to show fills transparent

-pen set could be using white pens for fills or skin separator lines for the pen set applied to the view

-walls could be set to "outlines only" or otherwise cut settings do not qualify it as a cut element for given floor plan cut plane settings

-fills have not been tracked through to correct bMats and Surfaces as their relevant sub attributes

-default pens for surfaces or bMats are a white pen

As @Lingwisyer said, screen shots of the element settings and what they look like would be a good place to start sleuthing this out

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Thanks, I will check and if I still face any issue, I will share the screenshot.

Learn and get certified!