BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Automated/Scheduled exports of BIMServer projects

Haneef Tayob
Booster
I would like to see automated/scheduled exports of projects on the BIMServer.

This will allow us to safely backup bimserver projects to the "teamwork portable package" format which easily restorable onto any bimserver at any time. The backups can be sent offsite.

The existing backup options such as "rollback" are good, but one will be in trouble in the event of a major hardware failure.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
1 REPLY 1
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
In AC 14 a complete comprehensive and simple backup solution will be available. It packages all projects, users, libraries and can be unpacked on a different machine. Essentially this wish will be addressed with it. I am quite excited about this tool. It is also possible to run this tool while the BIM Server is running. No need to stop the BIM Server to be sure that the databases are in a static state.

You should also note that (even in AC 13) there is a way to bring in scheduled backups from other projects as new projects or versions of current one. See http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/Backup#Can_I_copy_a_project_backup_that_was_stored_to_tape.2BAC...
Graphisoft Technical Support
Learn and get certified!