BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

BIMx Desktop Viewer – Add Presentation Mode & Issue Creation

Lucien
Contributor

Hi everyone,

as a company that mainly models with ArchiCAD, it would be obvious to use BIMx as a presentation and visualization tool. Unfortunately, it is still not possible to create presentations with the desktop application.

Without this feature BIMx is quite useless for us, because:

• a lot can go wrong with live navigation, which could leave a bad impression on clients;
  • the apps for Android and iOS are not an alternative for us. Cell phones have too small a screen to navigate presentations efficiently and tablets are used by our employees to take notes during discussions and can therefore not be used as the presentation medium.

So, it would be nice if the desktop application would also be developed further. Or rather brought to the same level as the Android and iOS versions.

Regards,

Lucien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Lucien, we're gradually unifying the features across the platforms, and plan to add presentation mode to the latest desktop app within a few months.

I recommend subscribing to the BIMx News Topic - where I announce all the significant updates. Until favorite saving and presentation mode with a clear interface arrives, saving 3D views to separate gallery items can help reduce manual navigation. 

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Lucien, we're gradually unifying the features across the platforms, and plan to add presentation mode to the latest desktop app within a few months.

I recommend subscribing to the BIMx News Topic - where I announce all the significant updates. Until favorite saving and presentation mode with a clear interface arrives, saving 3D views to separate gallery items can help reduce manual navigation. 

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the quick response. I'm glad to hear that this feature is coming in the next few months. In that case, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the corresponding update.

Regards,

Lucien

Learn and get certified!