BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Consistent Model Appearance in All Viewpoints

Josh Verran
Expert

This is a funny one.

We all know how to make these changes, and up until now, I have done it without really questioning/considering why.

You draw an element, you assign attributes, you give those attributes pens/colours (eg brown/purple pen) for how you want them to appear.

Then you manually go and set the pens for the plan view manually (eg yellow).

But why is it that in all the views other than plan, you can choose Surface Colour, non-shaded, uniform, colour fill, uniform etc. In plan view you have to manually assign the pen to match.

Whilst there are benefits in being able to manually change something, there are arguably a tonne of benefits to having it automatic.

My wish is:
That the "Model Appearance" options in Elevation, Section, 3D Document are available (somehow / some way), in Plan.

Layout 1.gif

Perhaps it's a toggle/option within the element, kind of like the tick box for "use fill from surface": Use Surface Colour of image.

Or, maybe it's a pen, kind of like Transparent or Windows Background: Surface Pen.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 153631.jpg

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!