BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimension marker size should be as small as text size

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

why the marker size can only go down to 0.5, while the text can be as small as 0.1? when dimensioning details can be very out of scale!

Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
Erika Epstein
Booster
Who uses/can read .1 text?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
For microfilm?
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Karl Ottenstein
And, what would one do with a 0.5 size marker? From your other thread, I realize you are trying to place markers on layout sheets. Don't.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
guys,
pardon my ignorance as im new to archicad...and already loving it...so u say that i dont need to change the sizes of text and markers if i change from a 1:100 drawing to a 1:2?...should it "auto scale" on the sheet? pls help!
Anonymous
Not applicable
PS: i mean if i do it on the model instead of the sheet
Anonymous
Not applicable
here an example...i set the dimensions on the drawing and on the sheet it shows like this...1:20(text size 0.5 and marker 0.5) is fine, but 1:5(text 0.1 and marker 0.5) the markers look too big...im probably doing it the wrong way...help?
Picture 1.png
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
chinosch:

The most direct way is to set the drawing scale to the output scale before placing "paper" elements (text, dimensions, etc). In your example, you should have 2 layer combinations to handle the differing scales (and level of detail) between the two sections. As a minimum, there would be one layer for the 1:20 text & dimensions, another for the 1:5 text and dimensions, the appropriate layer visible with the correct drawing. You could have additional layers to show and hide details between the two views. This applies to sections/details as well as different plan scales, etc.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
David wrote:
As a minimum, there would be one layer for the 1:20 text & dimensions, another for the 1:5 text and dimensions, the appropriate layer visible with the correct drawing.
Just to clarify: you can have a single layer, shared between the two Views, that will display the dimensions correctly (i.e. the same size text and markers) at different scales.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys,

thanks for the replies and tried all options u gave me, but still hvng same problem...the current scale of the project is 1:100, and i place the drawings on the sheet at 1:100, then on the drawing selection settings of each window i change the scales to 1:20 and 1:5. but the sizes of the dimensions looks different as shown on the attached image...graphically speaking i want them to look the same size, even that the scales of their drawings are different.
Learn and get certified!