BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Find library parts from info box

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Add a button to the info box that brings up a find library part dialog box. Reduces three clicks and mousing to just one click.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
2 REPLIES 2
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
I am voting essential as the process of finding a part involves to many steps. I would add something to your wish though which I have mentioned before. I would like to be able to search for library parts in any folder on the hard drive I select instead of being limited to loaded libraries. This seems to me to be a no brainer. I have quite a few 3rd party libraries and it is hard to keep track of where individual parts are.

Cheers
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Erich
Contributor
Despite that my parts are fairly well organized in folder by proper categories, I often use the find functions instead because it is quicker than digging through the folder structure to find the part I want. Having a find part button in the info box would make this much faster. I like the idea.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Learn and get certified!