BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Floor Plan Display as part of View options?

Anonymous
Not applicable
pls find the attached image !!!
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
I'm not sure how/why you would want this? It doesn't make sense to me to ever have every element use exactly the same floor plan display settings (the three that you circle) - which is what would happen if they were part of a View rather than (as now) part of the Element settings.

Or, to put it another way: if these were part of a View setting (vs Element setting) - this suggests you want some elements to appear one way in one view and another way in another view. Can you give an example of this?

Generally, adjusting your Floor Plan Cut Plane settings (different settings saved with each View) - and your Layer Combination - should take care of the same visibility issues I think?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
But then you would need the same settings for slabs, beams, columns, doors, windows, stairs, etc., etc.
Or do you want universal control over all element in which case you would lose the individual control over elements that we now have.

Can you give an example of what you are trying to achieve?

I suspect you want control of what stories you want in the 3D view?
In that case you can use the "Filter elements in 3D" command where you can nominate a storey range.
This is saved with the view or can be redefined in an existing view.

I will retain my vote until I have a better idea of what you are trying to achieve.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!