BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

GOC category2line, category2penline

gaba
Booster

Especially in section windows, I miss the ability to change the line type and line pen by line category (and fill) in the Graphic Override Combinations settings.
Then I have to play around and generate SEVERAL drawings with different Graphic Override Combinations in the views and then overlay them on the sheet, instead of inserting ONE drawing!
For example, it would be enough to add the line category option (drafting/cover/cut) to Graphic Override Combinations 😊.

GOC-LinePenbyDraftSkinCut.png

AC 7 - 27, Twinmotion | Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Dell 7740 Xeon | 64GB | Quadro RTX 3000 6GB
4 REPLIES 4
JeffH
Enthusiast

In the criteria box above, if you have fills selected as the element type, it does allow you to then add an additional criteria of Fill Category to further filter what will be overridden.

I don't believe you can filter like that for Lines or Polylines though.

I am not sure if that is what you are shooting for.

AC24 / AC26
Win10

I have a simple cross-sec tion:

GOC-example_start.png

And I would like to achieve this effect ONLY using GOC:

GOC-example_end.png

I miss the option to change the PEN ONLY OF THE LINES INTERSETED by the cross-section:

GOC-cutRed-otherBlack.png

JeffH
Enthusiast

You should be able to control that for everything that is cut within the the section marker settings under CUT CLEMENTS within the Model Appearance tab.

Or do you want to control specific items independently of each other?

AC24 / AC26
Win10

JeffH OK 😊, but there's no point in fiddling with the section marker settings in the CUTTING CLEMENTS area of the Model Appearance tab!
For 1,2,3 different drawings create clones of 1,2,3 section markers in the same place?

This madness was okay in the past before we got GOC! 😎
GOC is supposed to help us GENERATE DIFFERENT GRAPHICS, in this case the same section marker, elevation, projection, 3D, etc!
I know how to get the desired effect, but 2-3 views of the same section on the sheet must overlap (with different layers, different GOCs, etc.)

Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!