BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Hyperlinks in text/photos/drawings/visuals or whatever I want

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi!

Any way that I can add embedded hyperlinks that would be openable in pdf? (in text, drawings, visuals or whatever I need to be embedded). I looked everywhere but can't find the way to do it. Also I found this in a many people "wishes" from MANY years ago, so I wonder, if it was updated yet... ? 

The specific reason why we would really appreciate this upgrade is because when we do presentations, and create schedules (we make our own but even if we would use archicad's same thing apply), besides adding product type/ID/specs we also add links so its easier for developers, us, or clients to be able to review the specific product in the link with more info....always came back to it by just clicking... I also would prefer my logos are clickable and so on.  Just adding a little bit of modern techniques can't hurt. 😎

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

Embedded links - not that I am aware of.

But you can just type text for the URL and that should become a link in a PDF if I remember correctly.

It is just you will always see the entire text URL.

Another trick is to use QR codes.

You can't click on them for the link, but you can scan them with your smart device.

The advantage of this is it even works with paper prints.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!