BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Import Attributes from a Teamwork file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Attribute manager should be able to import attributes from a Teamwork file.
13 REPLIES 13
~/archiben wrote:
Ben wrote:
BTW, if you have an existing *.tpl file and want to load it into Attribute Manager, simply change the tpl extension to pln then you will be able to load it in Attribute Manager. Please note that this is a work around.
yeah - i know. but not to be able to read attributes from a template file without any [censored] around is quite frankly embarrassing!

~/archiben
Bump. Instead of duplicating.

It's fundamental. Template files should be the HQ of office standards. As the templates evolve, users should be able to get new attributes from them, so the [insert profanity] IDs* remain consistent.

If the extension trick works, I can't believe this is still not fixed.

* Speaking of frankly embarrassing/way overdue.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info

Is it 2023 and this still hasn't been addressed by Graphisoft? 

If you are talking about importing attributes directly from a template (.TPL) file, then yes you can.

A simple check and you will see ...

BarryKelly_0-1677485107712.png

I just checked in version 22 and we could do it since at least that version.

So if you are responding to very old posts, it pays to check first.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank You Barry. I was referring to importing from the Teamwork file though. It doesn’t help me one bit if it’s a template file - I still need to save the template first. This is the step I want to avoid because it’s a step I need to take every freaking time attributes change. 

And they change all the time and if you work with modules like we do - it creates an enormous amount of completely unnecessary work. I don’t think I need to explain what a pain in the ass it is to always have to import every small attribute change in ALL of the files. ArchiCAD is a mess when it comes to that and it’s really sad they never developed or fixed the module feature. 

Learn and get certified!