BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

Modifying windows and doors

Strawbale23
Expert

Is it not possible to select a window that has already been carefully created and be able to change the type of window without having to start all over again?

I want to be able to modify an opening for a a different type door and window, without needing to rebuild it,   shutters, reveal, casing materials etc.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Jeliszej Korcsak
Contributor

You can pick up the current window/door settings using the eyedrop (alt+click), then open the settings panel for the window, and on the left hand side scroll select the new window type you want to use but do not click it - instead, inject the settings into the picture (ctrl+alt+click). It will keep all settings, but change the window type to the selected one.

Jeliszej Korcsák
Architect, BIM Manager | ArchiCAD 27 HUN Build 4030 on Windows 10 Pro 22H2

View solution in original post

Solution
Eduardo Rolon
  • You can use the eyedropper to pick the original window settings
  • Open the Window and press they shortcut for the pipette (CMD+OPT) and click on the icon for the window BEFORE selecting it.
  • AC will copy as many settings as are common to the new window.

Pipette.gif

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Jeliszej Korcsak
Contributor

You can pick up the current window/door settings using the eyedrop (alt+click), then open the settings panel for the window, and on the left hand side scroll select the new window type you want to use but do not click it - instead, inject the settings into the picture (ctrl+alt+click). It will keep all settings, but change the window type to the selected one.

Jeliszej Korcsák
Architect, BIM Manager | ArchiCAD 27 HUN Build 4030 on Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
  • You can use the eyedropper to pick the original window settings
  • Open the Window and press they shortcut for the pipette (CMD+OPT) and click on the icon for the window BEFORE selecting it.
  • AC will copy as many settings as are common to the new window.

Pipette.gif

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thank you! 

There should be a right click menu option to "Modify Window", which does this. 

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
Otavio Augusto
Certified Trainer

Hello @Strawbale23, yes, you can do it, by pressing ALT on the already created window type in the definitions, and CTRL+ALT in another window type, that it will carry the chosen options.

bucha-michael
Contributor

I've tried everything, but there's no way I can turn on the eyedrop in Archicad 26 in Windows with the window settings open. Is this feature only available in Archicad for macOS?

You can inject your settings in the window settings dialogue, but you have to pickup the settings from the window in the plan.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
bucha-michael
Contributor

Oh, I found where the problem was... The eyedrop shows up with CTRL+ALT only in the window settings dialogue only when I have on the left side the base directory with basic windows. But I have opened on the left side my favourite windows directory by default - where the eyedrop doesn't show up and the settings can't be overwritten. Thanks for discovering the new feature!

@bucha-michael wrote:

The eyedrop shows up with CTRL+ALT only in the window settings dialogue ...

Just to clarify, that is the inject properties (syringe) icon you are seeing.

The pick up settings (eye dropper or pipette) is not available in the window/door settings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!