BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More wall corner types

Paul King
Advisor
It would really help if it was possible to dictate how one wall cleans up with another at corners - rather than a sharp corner, often a bevelled or rounded corner is needed. Composite wall skins should follow the chosen shape of corner

Not so nice if have to fudge corners by introducing a third element - and achieving clean up with third elements often very tricky & time wasting, if not impossible without resorting to fakery (2D patches)
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Is a simple fillet/chamfer of the corner not really what you want?
It does introduce a 3rd wall but it is very easy.

The problem arises when the fillet radius gets smaller than the wall width.
Then you need to start modelling each leaf separately.

Barry.
fillet.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Paul King
Advisor
Barry wrote:
Is a simple fillet/chamfer of the corner not really what you want?
It does introduce a 3rd wall but it is very easy.

The problem arises when the fillet radius gets smaller than the wall width.
Then you need to start modelling each leaf separately.

Barry.
Hi - in all corners I am talking about, the fillet /radius is smaller than wall width. No problem with adding third wall if not a fudge/ is a valid entity in it's own right - such as in large curves like you show.

For the standard corners I mean, modelling each leaf separately not really a cure as radius smaller than a leaf - and even if not, it opens the whole can of worms with door & window openings no longer being created automatically right through all leafs.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried a workaround with a profiled column but it wouldn't work in 3D (vertical edges don't clean up). Since there seems to be no acceptable workaround I have voted "important" on this one.
Learn and get certified!