BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Palette positions support dual screens

Josh Verran
Expert

It'd be great if using multiple screens was smoother.
Currently, I use my right screen as the default.  When I need to open Archicad on my left screen, the issue arises that any palettes or dialogues I open appear on the right screen.
Unlike some other software, where palettes are tied to screen position, here they seem linked to a specific screen.

Video Snapshot -_00001.gif

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
6 REPLIES 6
scottjm
Advisor

This is a constant battle I find myself dealing with too.  It does it with the pet palette too sometimes which is incredibly frustrating.

From recollection the co-ordinates of a palette are stored as the x,y co-ordinate from the corner of Screen 1,  ie if Secreen 1 is 4K, the x co-ords of a palette on screen 2 start above 3840.

Using remote desktop with a different number of monitors or resolution wreaks havoc with palettes positions too.

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
ryejuan
Advisor

I have the similar experience every time when I logged out and logged in to my computer all my palette is on the main screen work around i usually do is to create a profile that i will just load to rearrange all my palettes to the location where I want them to be.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
runxel
Legend

Similar issue on Mac where I have a second screen attached at the office, but not when I'm working on site.

Even with a profile in the work environment it does not help, and I can't figure out why. Highly irrational behaviour, and GS needs to fix this!

It also seems that having more than one Archicad open at the same time it just "destroys" the work environment. 🤔

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
scottjm
Advisor

My suspicion with multi Archicad instances is that the work environment settings of last one to be closed is the one that gets saved as the new default settings.  
And what’s with workspace settings always becoming custom as soon as you apply them, even if you haven’t moved a single palette?! 🤷‍

Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS

Yeah, that it automatically becomes "custom" is weird and dumb. But I once read it was because of the window of the work environment itself. 🙄

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

🤣

Learn and get certified!