BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Stair Tool - Selectable Presets for Rules and Standards

Josh Verran
Expert

With the Stair Tool, under Rules and Standards, it is possible to define minimum and maximum measurements for parameters like Tread and Riser among other things.

JoshVerran_0-1700519519648.png

This ensures that the stair design is compliant with legislation etc.
In New Zealand, we have different requirements for stairs that service Common areas, Secondary, Accessible etc.
Using those examples, I could go ahead and set up favorites, eg Timber Stair - Common, Timber Stair - Secondary etc.

What would be better, is if I could grab my single Timber Stair favorite, then under the Rules and Standards tab, select a relevant preset.

There is a similar UI that already exists in the Boundary tool which is available down here from national distributor Central Innovation. You can set up regional rules for setback and overshadowing.

JoshVerran_0-1700518833228.png

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

Those settings are saved with the favourite, so you could create duplicate favourites.

I am not sure if you could even edit those settings in GDL.

I suspect they are coded into the program itself.

When I open the stair objects, I see no interface script for the rules.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!